A variety of resources have been added to the Saskatchewan Reads Website.
These are located at the bottom of the following web pages under Division/First Nation Education Authorities Resources:
Learning and Classroom Environment
• Learning and Classroom Environment Archived Webinar
• Curriculum Archived Webinar
Assessment Tools for Observation and Data Collection
• Assessment Archived Webinar
• Instructional Approaches Archived Webinar
• Independent Reading Videos
Process for Responsive Reading Instruction
• Intervention Archived Webinar
Appendix A – Curriculum Expectations for Reading
• Critical Indicators to be Reading at the end of Grades 1, 2, and 3
Provincial Reading Team
My name is Tessa. I started my teaching career this year in Grade 1. I have a lot of questions about the English Language Arts program and especially about teaching reading. What is important to understand about reading? How do I teach reading? Where do I begin? What does it look like?