A variety of resources have been added to the Saskatchewan Reads Website.
These are located at the bottom of the following web pages under Division/First Nations Education Authorities Resources:
Learning and Classroom Environment
• Learning and Classroom Environment Archived Webinar
• Curriculum Archived Webinar
Assessment Tools for Observation and Data Collection
• Assessment Archived Webinar
• Instructional Approaches Archived Webinar
• Independent Reading Videos
Process for Responsive Reading Instruction
• Intervention Archived Webinar
Appendix A – Curriculum Expectations for Reading
• Critical Indicators to be Reading at the end of Grades 1, 2, and 3
Provincial Reading Team
My name is Tessa. I started my teaching career this year in Grade 1. I have a lot of questions about the English Language Arts program and especially about teaching reading. What is important to understand about reading? How do I teach reading? Where do I begin? What does it look like?
Follow Tessa as she discovers the answers to these questions and many more. Welcome to the online resource developed for elementary educators by the Provincial Reading Team. It includes instructional strategies, videos, sample lessons … and more.